Congratulations on your purchase! Evolve Skateboards are an exciting product and will provide you endless fun, please read ALL the information below before you begin using your board.
Do not ride your board until you have read the following message :
- ALWAYS wear a helmet and other safety equipment when riding the board.
- Your board can lose brakes and power during your ride at any time due to low battery on the skateboard or remote. If this happens, its best to ride your board at speeds you are comfortable without power or brakes.
- Always obey and check the local road rules in your area for where you can ride and do not ride on busy roads with line markings.
- Riding in the fastest speed modes are very powerful and the trigger is highly sensitive, be sure to very gentle with the trigger control to avoid being thrown off the board. Start by trying to move as slowly as possible within these speed modes when both using the brakes and acceleration.
- Do not ride the board if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not ride the board in wet conditions. The board may slide from under your feet causing injury.
- ALWAYS respect pedestrians!!!!
- Always maintain your board, this is the owners responsibility. Always check all screws/nuts throughout the skateboard are tight regularly. Always clean your bearings for best roll and quietest/smoothest ride (including the bearing in the drive gear). Bearings get dirty and effect ride quality and may reduce battery performance and cause possible bearing failure.
- Avoid water - The board is not water proof. The electronics, bearings and other components may be damaged due to water and water damage is not covered by warranty. Riding in wet conditions is also very dangerous and may cause injury.
- Abuse - Do not jump on the board, do not ride off gutters or curbs, do not smash the board into hard objects, do not drop the board on the ground for starting operation. Although the product has been made to handle rigorous riding, its still an electrical product and needs to be handled with care and respect. Our warranty does not cover any of the above.
- Whenever you ride the Evolve board, you risk serious injury or even death from lose of control, collisions and falls. To ride safely, you must read ALL instructions and safety messages and warnings in this manual.
- Riding on Hills - Riding on hills can be very dangerous, what goes up must come down! So if you ride up an insanely steep hill and you intend to ride down this same hill, this is extremely dangerous and you must know how to control your speed without the use of the electric brakes if ever there was a malfunction or there was a situation where the brakes fail.
In the unlikely event of a defect, Evolve Skateboards warrants to the original user that our Evolve electric skateboard shall be free from all defects in material and workmanship for 12 MONTHS from the date of purchase. This warrantee does not apply to any electric skateboard that has been subject to abuse, misuse, negligence, or accident (ie riding in wet conditions, dropping the board etc). Defects caused by tampering or unauthorized alterations or repairs are not covered by this warranty. Perishable items are not subject to warranty due to their deterioration through standard use, these items are - bearings, belts, tubes, tyres, bushings, grip tape and wheels. If the board is still under warranty and for some reason something breaks or simply stops working, we will repair or replace the part in question. Parts required for warranty will be shipped to customers worldwide at no cost to the customer. Warranty return shipping is the responsibility of the customer, however Evolve will repair or replace and return free of charge ASAP.
Carbon Fiber Deck Warranty
What we cover
The warranty covers warping, de-lamination and any deck breakage for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. This means we will repair or replace the faulty deck involving faulty materials only.
What we do not cover
Any breakage due to:
- Jumping or excessive force applied on the deck
- Normal wear such as scratches, chips or cracks
- Any form of high impact resulting in damage
- Excessive water
For any deck warranty issue, the entire board will need to be inspected by the distributor to confirm if the deck will be covered or will not be covered.
For any warranty issues, please contact the distributor you bought the board from.
7 DAY 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
We are so certain you’ll love your Evolve electric skateboard, that we offer a 7-Day Money Back Guarantee! If for some reason you are not satisfied, just return your Evolve electric skateboard within 7 days of receiving it and we’ll refund 100% of your purchase price (less shipping costs). Just contact us for a return authorization number before shipping your board back. Only Evolve electric skateboards that have been purchased through our online store, used on smooth, clean surfaces and are still in as-new condition can be returned. If the board differs at all to the board that was sent, shows any signs of misuse or is returned without an authorization number it will be returned to the owner at the owner’s expense.
PLEASE NOTE: If you purchased our board through a retailer, and not directly through Evolve Skateboards Australia, you will need to consult the place of purchase for their return policy. We can not authorise refunds on behalf of our retailers.
PACKAGING A RETURN When returning merchandise, all items should include all factory packaging and accessories in its original carton intact. All merchandise must be shipped via a professional freight agent and the package MUST have the board owners details on it. The freight must be paid by the board owner.
ONLINE SALES AGREEMENT, RELEASE OF LIABILITY & PARENT INFORMATION SALE OF ANY EQUIPMENT ON THIS WEB SITE IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED ON THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT. YOU, OR YOUR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN (IF YOU ARE A MINOR), MUST READ THIS AGREEMENT PRIOR TO PLACING AN ORDER WITH EVOLVE SKATEBOARDS.
The best safety equipment and the most experienced athlete cannot completely eliminate the risks certain sporting and outdoor activities pose. Certain sporting and outdoor activities are inherently dangerous. By purchasing and using the equipment sold by Evolve Skateboards the purchaser understands and voluntarily undertakes the risks involved with sporting and outdoor activities, including but are not limited to: electric skateboarding and skateboarding. Such risks and dangers include, but are not limited to: sprains, broken bones, bruises, cuts, temporary or permanent paralysis and even death. Other risks include: unforeseen weather conditions, hazardous and unknown terrain, geographical conditions, failure to properly maintain equipment, failure to obey traffic instructions or local laws and engaging in sporting and outdoor activities while physically exhausted or disabled. This electric skateboard is a high performance machine and should not used or operated in any way by children under the age of 14 years old. YOU MUST WEAR APPROPRIATE SAFETY EQUIPMENT (ESPECIALLY A HELMET) WHENEVER RIDING AN ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD.
It is important to use merchandise sold by Evolve Skateboards in accordance with the manufacturer's design and recommendations to minimize these risks. However, accidents and unforeseen hazards do exist and the purchaser and users of the merchandise sold by Evolve Skateboards agree as follows:
- I, the purchaser or user of the merchandise, agree to release Evolve Skateboards, its owners, agents and employees, from any and all liability for damage, injury, paralysis and death to myself, any other person, or property, resulting from the use or misuse of the merchandise sold by Evolve Skateboards.
- I, the parent of a minor child, agree to release Evolve Skateboards, its owners, agents and employees, from any and all liability for damage, injury, paralysis and death to my child, any other person, or property, resulting from the use or misuse of the merchandise sold by Evolve Skateboards.
- It is agreed that any and all liability of Evolve Skateboards, its owners, agents and employees shall be limited to the purchase price of the merchandise.
- It is agreed that any legal action brought against Evolve Skateboards for any reason will be brought in the state of Queensland, Australia.
I have read and understand the terms of this agreement. I understand that my purchase and use of the merchandise sold by Evolve Skateboards manifests my agreement to the terms of this Agreement. I understand that this Agreement releases Evolve Skateboards from any and all claims of liability brought by myself, my minor children, and any other third party who uses the merchandise purchased from Evolve Skateboards.
All users of this site agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
The Evolve Skateboard is a unique design that is protected by design registration and patent pending. The entire content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or product is copyrighted as a collective work under the Australian and other copyright laws, and is the property of Evolve Skateboards. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Evolve Skateboards or purchasing Evolve Skateboards products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Evolve Skateboards. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS In the event that an Evolve Skateboards product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, Evolve Skateboards reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Evolve Skateboards reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Evolve Skateboards shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
PRODUCT AND PRICING INFORMATION
Although Evolve Skateboards has made every effort to display the products and their colors as accurately as possible, the displayed colors of the products will depend upon the monitor of the user and Evolve Skateboards cannot guarantee that the user's monitor will accurately portray the actual colors of the products. Products displayed may be out-of-stock or discontinued, and prices are subject to change. Purchases may be subject to applicable taxes (duties, VAT etc) in the purchaser’s shipping destination. These are to be paid by the purchaser and are not included in the shipping cost applied at Evolve Skateboards’ online checkout.
The contract of sale shall be construed in accordance with the law of the State of Queensland, Australia.
Evolve Skateboards is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Evolve Skateboards may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 19, 2012
WHAT WE COLLECT We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode,
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Dispatching orders.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Evolve Skateboards, PO Box 112, Broadbeach, 4218, Queensland, Australia
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS